All you need is:
– 250g wholemeal flour
– 2 tsp ground ginger
– 50g coconut sugar (or light brown sugar)
– 100g maple syrup (or honey)
– 50g butter
– 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
– 1 medium egg, beaten
– Icing sugar (red, black, and white)
1. Mix the flour and ginger together in a large bowl.
2. Add the sugar to the flour mixture and stir. Add the egg and mix well until the mixture becomes a dough. Wrap the dough and chill for 20 minutes.
3. Preheat the oven to 160°C.
4. Dust the work surface with a little flour and roll out the dough. Use a Minnie or Mickey cutter to create your gingerbread shape. If you don’t have a cutter, use three small circles of dough.
5. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes. The cookies should be lightly browned.
6. When cooled, decorate your cookies with the icing sugar. And enjoy!